Davis Field was the gift of five friends of University in 1911. It became the primary athletic field on campus at that time. It was surrounded by a cinder track and a few bleachers. Davis Field was renovated in 2007. During the renovation the field turf was laid and the concession stand was built. Davis Field was renovated again in the spring of 2016 and received a new field turf surface.
Hairston Track was dedicated on September 21, 1985. It was a gift from longtime supporter William "Bill" Hairston '33. The track and field event areas were renovated in 2007. During the renovation the track was widened to 8-lanes and resurfaced and the concession stand was built.
The Outdoor Athletic Facility was opened in the fall of 2004 and houses home and visiting locker rooms for soccer and football along with a coaches meeting room and an athletic training facility.